Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Took the Weekend Off-Recap

So yeah. Finding out that the little thing known as "Labor Day Weekend" here in America wreaks havok on general schedules and motivation. Especially when you want to watch football...play Halo...and last but not least sleep...rather than blog...do homework...anything productive.
But the good part about this is that-COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! I got to see several good games, but the one that impressed me most is the Oregon vs. Arkansas State game. I discussed it here.
Other thoughts from this weekend's game:

  • Anyone think that teams were throwing more than usual? It seemed to my untrained eye that passing yardage was up. Given this is a small sample size (1 weekend) but I sure saw a whole bunch of eye-popping passing stats posted up (see Barkley, MMariota, MSmith, G).
  • No, Bell, L and Lattimore, M, we aren't forgetting you. These two were of several backs that carried their teams to victory. I was certainly impressed by MSU's Bell and how he just imposed his will on the normally stout Boise State Broncos. They just had no answer for him. He ran threw tacklers (or even flew over one on one sick run) as if they had no business on the field. I'm sure Lattimore was equally impressive too, although I cant review based on the fact that I didn't personally see the game.
  • Other thoughts--most teams did as expected. USC, OSU, OK, FSU and WVU all did their work and left 1-0. Surprise teams: Oregon stunned me with their blowout. No, didn't overestimate ArkSt, but Oregon's total dominance in that game caught me completely off guard. Also I expected more of a fight from Michigan. Didn't really think they were gonna win the game in the first place but really didn't think they would get shown up like they did. Shoutouts to Notre Dame for clubbing Navy.
And that's the recap--and that's all I got.

1 comment:

  1. two thoughts... 1) I really like your logo.
    2) Notre Dame = the most over-hyped 6-6 team ever.

    ReplyDelete